Barbeque Safety Tips to remember this holiday | Environment
The weather is looking great for a barbecue this Memorial Day weekend, but before you get out the grill, there are some safety tips you should keep in mind.
The Albany Fire Department today offered some advice:
- First off, move the grill off the porch and away from any wood structures, including fences.
- Make sure it's secure, especially if you have kids running around.
- If using charcoal, take it easy on the lighter fluid and never use gas to light it.
- In case of flare-up, spray with water, cover, and close vent.
- And whether you're using a charcoal or propane grill, be sure and read the instructions on how to properly light it and operate it.